The Texas Poetry Calendar Has been a staple of the Texas literary community for over 20 years. It is a spiral bound calendar / planner / journal featuring short poems addressing the geography, iconography, and cultures of the Lone Star State. Poems are accepted in English and Spanish (with an English translation attached for review purposes only). We accept submissions worldwide but familiarity with Texas is a must.
Fees Notice: This project charges fees (or requires purchases) for some submissions. They charge fees for non-"early bird" submissions.
Want more insight into the editors' preferences? Read our
Country of Publication & Year Established
United States||Established in 1998
|Open to a broad Audience.
Publication Medium & Frequency
|Print Publication ||Print Publication||Published 1 x per year.
Poetry Temp Closed
Will be open to submissions from 01 December 2020 (108.1 days from now) through 15 December 2020. 2
- Poetry Forms:
- Open to all/most Forms, including: Haiku (or related), Short poetry, Tanka.
- Open to all/most Styles, including: Literary.
- Geography (See guidelines), Place/Regions (Specific region), Society/Culture (See guidelines).
|Poem Poem||Up to 35 lines; Up to 3 pieces.|
- We list broad pay categories rather than payment specifics. Check with the publisher for details.
|Semi-pro payment (US$5-49 per poem) Semi-pro payment (US$5-49 per poem).|
| OK|| No|| No|| No|| No||Text format submissions |
- Always check guidelines for details and restrictions. If you aren't familiar with these terms, see our . glossary
More Information is Available to Members:
Only the basic information for this listing is currently visible. If you want to learn more about this listing, including submission statistics (average response time, rejection percentage, acceptance percentage, etc.), you need to subscribe
. See a sample of what you're missing.