Pseudopod is a genre magazine in audio form. We’re looking for horror: dark, weird fiction. We run the spectrum from grim realism or crime drama, to magic-realism, to blatantly supernatural dark fantasy. We publish highly literary stories reminiscent of Poe or Lovecraft as well as vulgar shock-value pulp fiction. We don’t split hairs about genre definitions, and we don’t have any hard and fast taboos about what kind of content can appear in our stories. Originality demands that you’re better off avoiding vampires, zombies, and other recognizable horror tropes unless you have put a very original spin on them.
Important: Check what lengths they're accepting before submitting.
Want more insight into the editors' preferences? Read our
Country of Publication & Year Established
United States||Established in 2006
Publication Medium & Frequency
|Audio Publication ||Audio Publication||Published 52 x per year.
Fiction Temp Closed
Opens to submissions on 01 March 2022* (approx. 84 days from now)
- Adults, All nationalities, All ethnic groups/populations, All genders, All religions, All sexual identities, People with disabilities.
|Horror Horror||Open to all/most Subgenres, including: Dark Fantasy, Magic Realism, Slipstream, Supernatural, Weird/New Weird.|
- Open to all/most Styles, including: Dark, Literary, Pulp, Realist.
- Open to all/most Topics.
|Flash Fiction Flash Fiction||500 - 1,000 words.|
|Short Story Short Story||1,000 - 6,000 words.|
- We list broad pay categories rather than payment specifics. Check with the publisher for details.
|Professional payment (5 or more US cents per word) Professional payment (5 or more US cents per word).|
| OK|| No|| OK|| OK||Text format submissions |
- Always check guidelines for details and restrictions. If you aren't familiar with these terms, see our . glossary
* We do not know the time and/or timezone, so we cannot be more precise. Submit early to avoid disappointment.
More Information is Available to Subscribers:
Only the basic information for this listing is currently visible. If you want to learn more about this listing, including submission statistics (average response time, rejection percentage, acceptance percentage, etc.), you need to subscribe
. See a sample of what you're missing