Underground Voices Short Story Competition
Underground Voices (see other related projects)
A project of
Do not submit here! This project is permanently closed to submissions. We provide the following information as an archive.
Underground Voices is sponsoring an exciting short story competition with partial proceeds going to READING IS FUNDAMENTAL, a nonprofit program that gets books and literacy resources to kids who need them most.
Fees Notice: This project charges fees (or requires purchases) for all submissions.
Country of Publication
| United States
Publication Medium & Contest Frequency
|Print Publication ||Print Publication||One-time contest.
- Open to all/most Styles, including: Dark, Humorous.
|Short Story Short Story||1,000 - 6,250 words.|
- Winner's Prize:
- We do not list prize specifics. Check with the publisher for details.
|Professional payment (5 or more US cents per word) Professional payment (5 or more US cents per word).|
| OK|| OK|| No|| Unknown|| OK||Text format submissions |
- Always check guidelines for details and restrictions. If you aren't familiar with these terms, see our . glossary
More Information is Available to Members
Only the basic information for this listing is currently visible. If you want to learn more about this listing, including response statistics (average response time, rejection percentage, acceptance percentage, etc.), you need to subscribe
. See a sample of what you're missing.
Last Updated: 12 Oct 2013
Date Added: 05 Jun 2013
We cannot guarantee that the information on this page is correct. It is not unusual for publications to evolve or close without notice. We do our best to keep up, but it isn't always possible. Just remember…
- Always read the full guidelines provided by the publisher.
- Try to read at least one previous publication to get a better idea of what the editor would like to see.
- Unless the publisher's guidelines state otherwise, always use industry standard manuscript formatting.
- Include a SASE with all mailed submissions, queries, and requests for guidelines, unless the editor replies via or email or guidelines state otherwise.
- Be professional, patient and persistent.