Escape Artists (see other related projects)
A project of
Do not submit here! This project is on indefinite hiatus to submissions. (November 2016)
Mothership Zeta is looking for science fiction, fantasy, and horror stories that are fun. The robot who fights a dinosaur, not the robot who explores its lack of humanity and deactivates itself. The nagini who goes on an adventure, not the nagini who is tortured and drowns herself. The blonde woman who kills monsters, not the blonde woman who gets ripped apart by monsters. Fun doesn’t necessarily mean “funny,” and stories can have conflict and darker elements, but we want stories that leave the reader satisfied, usually in a positive way. Bittersweet is okay, tragic is not. (Unless you’re Cabin in the Woods. A killer unicorn buys you some credit.) We hope to publish fiction reflecting the full range of settings and tropes found in speculative fiction. We’d particularly like to see more stories set outside America, and stories that feature characters who represent a range of backgrounds and ethnicities.
Country of Publication
| United States
|Open to a broad Audience, including: All ethnic groups/populations, All sexual identities.
Publication Medium & Frequency
|Electronic Publication ||Electronic Publication||Published 4 x per year.
Fiction On Hiatus
|Fantasy Fantasy||Open to all/most Subgenres, including: Supernatural.|
|Horror Horror||Open to all/most Subgenres, including: Supernatural, excluding Extreme Horror.|
|Science Fiction Science Fiction||Open to all/most Subgenres.|
- Open to all/most Styles, including: Mainstream.
- Open to all/most Topics, including: Sexuality/Gender (LGBTQ issues), Society/Culture (Ethnicity/Race, Social issues).
|Flash Fiction Flash Fiction||Up to 1,000 words.|
|Short Story Short Story||1,000 - 6,000 words.|
- We do not list pay specifics. Check with the publisher for details.
|Professional payment (5 or more US cents per word) Professional payment (5 or more US cents per word).|
| OK|| No|| No|| No||Text format submissions |
- Always check guidelines for details and restrictions. If you aren't familiar with these terms, see our . glossary
More Information is Available to Members
Only the basic information for this listing is currently visible. If you want to learn more about this listing, including response statistics (average response time, rejection percentage, acceptance percentage, etc.), you need to subscribe
. See a sample of what you're missing.
06 Nov 2016
13 Jul 2015
We cannot guarantee that the information on this page is correct. It is not unusual for publications to evolve or close without notice. We do our best to keep up, but it isn't always possible. Just remember…
- Always read the full guidelines provided by the publisher.
- Try to read at least one previous publication to get a better idea of what the editor would like to see.
- Unless the publisher's guidelines state otherwise, always use industry standard manuscript formatting.
- Be professional, patient and persistent.