Metaphorosis Publishing (see other related projects)
A project of
Metaphorosis is a magazine of science fiction and fantasy. We offer intelligent, beautifully written stories for adults.
Want more insight into the editors' preferences? Read our
Country of Publication
| United States
|Open to a broad Audience, including: Adults.
Publication Media & Frequency
|Electronic Publication ||Electronic Publication||Unknown publication frequency.
|Print Publication ||Print Publication||Published 1 x per year.
|Fantasy Fantasy||Open to all/most Subgenres, including: Apocalyptic/Post-Apocalyptic, Contemporary, Dark Fantasy, Fabulism, Heroic Fantasy, Light Fantasy, Retrofuturism, Science Fantasy, Slipstream, Supernatural, Sword & Sorcery, Weird/New Weird.|
|Science Fiction Science Fiction||Open to all/most Subgenres, including: Apocalyptic/Post-Apocalyptic, Contemporary/Near Future, Cyberpunk, Dystopian, Hard Science Fiction, Mundane Science Fiction, Retrofuturism, Science Fantasy, Slipstream, Soft Science Fiction, Space Opera, Weird/New Weird.|
- Open to all/most Styles, including: Absurdist, Dark, Experimental, Humorous, Literary, Mainstream, Quirky.
- Open to all/most Topics, including: Lifestyle (Food and Drink, See guidelines).
|Flash Fiction Flash Fiction||Up to 1,000 words.|
|Short Story Short Story||1,000 - 7,500 words.|
|Novelette Novelette||7,500 - 10,000 words.|
- We do not list pay specifics. Check with the publisher for details.
|Semi-pro payment (1-4.9 US cents per word) Semi-pro payment (1-4.9 US cents per word).|
| OK|| No|| No|| OK||Text format submissions |
- Always check guidelines for details and restrictions. If you aren't familiar with these terms, see our . glossary
More Information is Available to Members
Only the basic information for this listing is currently visible. If you want to learn more about this listing, including response statistics (average response time, rejection percentage, acceptance percentage, etc.), you need to subscribe
. See a sample of what you're missing.
Last Updated: 04 May 2018
Last Audited: 18 Jan 2018 We audit each active listing twice a year.
Date Added: 03 Sep 2015
We cannot guarantee that the information on this page is correct. It is not unusual for publications to evolve or close without notice. We do our best to keep up, but it isn't always possible. Just remember…
- Always read the full guidelines provided by the publisher.
- Try to read at least one previous publication to get a better idea of what the editor would like to see.
- Unless the publisher's guidelines state otherwise, always use industry standard manuscript formatting.
- Be professional, patient and persistent.