Pulled by Place
Simone Press (see other related projects).
A project of
Do not submit here! This project is permanently closed to submissions. We provide the following information as an archive.
Simone Press is looking for short stories for a new anthology about 'Place'. The characters, plot and atmosphere of your short story should be highly influenced by its setting which can be in the past, present or future. Your characters can be inside or out. Perhaps, your characters are in a dangerous area or under attack. They might be battling against extreme weather conditions or some kind of man made problem. Maybe, the place they are in reveals aspects of their personalities. They could even be travelling from one place to another. Perhaps, your characters are trying to escape from somewhere they dislike to a place where they feel happy. It could be that their surroundings have cultural or social values that influence your characters in a unique way. Whatever the situation, the environment that your story is set in should strongly affect the action, plot and direction of your story.
Country of Publication
Publication Media & Frequency
|Electronic Publication ||Electronic Publication||One-time publication.
|Print Publication ||Print Publication||One-time publication.
- Open to a broad Audience.
|General General||Subgenre: Historical.|
|Science Fiction Science Fiction||Open to all/most Subgenres.|
- Open to all/most Styles, including: Experimental, Literary, Mainstream.
- Place/Regions, Other (See guidelines).
|Short Story Short Story||1,000 - 5,000 words.|
- We list broad pay categories rather than payment specifics. Check with the publisher for details.
|No monetary payment No monetary payment.|
| OK|| No|| No|| Unknown|| Unknown||Text format submissions |
- Always check guidelines for details and restrictions. If you aren't familiar with these terms, see our . glossary
Pulled by Place Submission Statistics
More Information is Available to Subscribers:
Only the basic information for this listing is currently visible. If you want to learn more about this listing, including submission statistics (average response time, rejection percentage, acceptance percentage, etc.), you need to subscribe
. See a sample of what you're missing
Last Updated: 31 Aug 2016
Date Added: 28 Dec 2015
We cannot guarantee that the information on this page is correct. It is not unusual for publications to evolve or close without notice. We do our best to keep up, but it isn't always possible. Just remember…
- Always read the full guidelines provided by the publisher.
- Try to read at least one previous publication to get a better idea of what the editor would like to see.
- Unless the publisher's guidelines state otherwise, always use industry standard manuscript formatting.
- Be professional, patient, and persistent.