GFT Press Chapbook Contest
GFT Press (see other related projects)
A project of
Do not submit here! This project is permanently closed to submissions (May 2018). We provide the following information as an archive.
What we are looking for: We want clean, coherent, well-written, creative, cohesive manuscripts that strike hard and are relentless. We want to feel what you felt when you were crafting your work. If you choose to submit work that is grisly and biting, it must have a grace and beauty to it. If you submit work that is beautiful, make sure that it is not simply beautiful for beauty's sake alone. Show us that you respect your work and that you understand your craft. We do not want clichés or pseudo-cleverness. We do not want manuscripts that are defined only by the words on the page. We crave manuscripts that leave an indelible impression deep within us. Captivate us, surprise us, draw us in, but no matter what, do not bore us.
Fees Notice: This project charges fees (or requires purchases) for all submissions.
Country of Publication
|Open to a broad Audience.
Publication Medium & Contest Frequency
|Print Publication ||Print Publication||Awarded 1 x per year.
- Poetry Forms:
- Open to all/most Forms.
- Open to all/most Styles, including: Literary.
- Open to all/most Topics.
|Poetry Chapbook Poetry Chapbook||Up to 20 pages.|
- Winner's Prize:
- We list broad pay categories rather than prize specifics. Check with the publisher for details.
|No monetary advance + < 15% royalties No monetary advance. < 15% royalties.|
| OK|| No|| No|| OK|| OK||Text format submissions |
- Always check guidelines for details and restrictions. If you aren't familiar with these terms, see our . glossary
GFT Press Chapbook Contest Submission Statistics
More Information is Available to Subscribers:
Only the basic information for this listing is currently visible. If you want to learn more about this listing, including submission statistics (average response time, rejection percentage, acceptance percentage, etc.), you need to subscribe
. See a sample of what you're missing
Last Updated: 24 Aug 2020
Date Added: 08 Apr 2016
We cannot guarantee that the information on this page is correct. It is not unusual for publications to evolve or close without notice. We do our best to keep up, but it isn't always possible. Just remember…
- Always read the full guidelines provided by the publisher.
- Try to read at least one previous publication to get a better idea of what the editor would like to see.
- Unless the publisher's guidelines state otherwise, always use industry standard manuscript formatting.
- Be professional, patient, and persistent.