We are an audio magazine. Our audience can’t skim past the boring parts, and stories with beautiful language at the expense of plot don’t translate well. We’re looking for fiction with strong pacing, well-defined characters, engaging dialogue, and clear action. It can be beautiful too, if you’ve got all those other bases covered, but above all we’re looking for fun.
Important: They accept longer pieces of previously-published fiction than unpublished fiction.
Want more insight into the editors' preferences? Read our
Country of Publication & Year Established
United States||Established in 2005
Publication Media & Frequency
|Audio Publication ||Audio Publication||Published 52 x per year.
|Electronic Publication ||Electronic Publication||Published 52 x per year.
|Print Publication ||Print Publication||Published 1 x per year.
Fiction Temp Closed
Opens to submissions on 01 September 2021* (approx. 69 days from now)
- Open to a broad Audience.
|Science Fiction Science Fiction||Open to all/most Subgenres, including: Cyberpunk, Hard Science Fiction, Space Opera.|
- Open to all/most Styles, including: Mainstream.
- Open to all/most Topics.
|Short Story Short Story||1,500 - 6,000 words.|
- We list broad pay categories rather than payment specifics. Check with the publisher for details.
|Professional payment (5 or more US cents per word) Professional payment (5 or more US cents per word).|
| OK|| No|| OK|| No||Text format submissions |
- Always check guidelines for details and restrictions. If you aren't familiar with these terms, see our . glossary
* We do not know the time and/or timezone, so we cannot be more precise. Submit early to avoid disappointment.
More Information is Available to Subscribers:
Only the basic information for this listing is currently visible. If you want to learn more about this listing, including submission statistics (average response time, rejection percentage, acceptance percentage, etc.), you need to subscribe
. See a sample of what you're missing