Jake Adam York Prize
Copper Nickel (see other related projects)
A project of
The Jake Adam York Prize for a first or second poetry collection is a collaboration between Copper Nickel and Milkweed Editions. Our goal in instituting the Jake Adam York Prize is to honor Jake’s name and legacy with a top-tier, ethical book prize that will offer not just publication but also high-quality design, marketing, and strong national distribution. Milkweed Editions—which has an excellent marketing team and distributes through Publishers Group West (PGW)—can offer these things. We at Copper Nickel are grateful and excited for their partnership.
Fees Notice: This project charges fees (or requires purchases) for all submissions.
Important: Limited Demographic: Submissions are restricted to poets who have published no more than one full-length book of poetry.
Country of Publication
| United States
|Open to a broad Audience.
Publication Medium & Contest Frequency
|Print Publication ||Print Publication||Awarded 1 x per year.
Poetry Temp Closed
Will be open to submissions from 01 July 2018 (11.2 days from now) through 15 October 2018. 3
- Poetry Forms:
- Open to all/most Forms.
- Open to all/most Styles, including: Literary.
- Open to all/most Topics.
|Poetry Chapbook Poetry Chapbook||No page limits known.|
- Winner's Prize:
- We do not list prize specifics. Check with the publisher for details.
|Professional advance (US$2000 or more) + Unknown royalties Professional advance (US$2000 or more). Unknown royalties.|
| OK|| No|| No|| Unknown|| Unknown||Text format submissions |
- Always check guidelines for details and restrictions. If you aren't familiar with these terms, see our . glossary
More Information is Available to Members
Only the basic information for this listing is currently visible. If you want to learn more about this listing, including response statistics (average response time, rejection percentage, acceptance percentage, etc.), you need to subscribe
. See a sample of what you're missing.
Last Updated: 13 Jun 2018
Last Audited: 15 May 2018 We audit each active listing twice a year.
Date Added: 13 Jun 2016
We cannot guarantee that the information on this page is correct. It is not unusual for publications to evolve or close without notice. We do our best to keep up, but it isn't always possible. Just remember…
- Always read the full guidelines provided by the publisher.
- Try to read at least one previous publication to get a better idea of what the editor would like to see.
- Unless the publisher's guidelines state otherwise, always use industry standard manuscript formatting.
- Be professional, patient and persistent.