L. Ron Hubbard’s Illustrators of the Future Contest is an opportunity for new science fiction and fantasy artists worldwide.
Important: Submit only once per quarter.
Limited Demographic: Submissions are restricted to new and amateur illustrators (see their site for full criteria).
Want more insight into the editors' preferences? Read our
Country of Publication
Publication Medium & Contest Frequency
|Print Publication ||Print Publication||Awarded 1 x per year.
Visual Art Open
The entry shall consist of illustrations done by the entrant in a color or black-and-white medium created from the artist’s imagination. Use of gray scale in illustrations and mixed media, computer generated art, and the use of photography in the illustrations are accepted. Each illustration must represent a subject different from the other two.
- Dates: Rolling Deadlines: Check cutoff dates.
- Open to a broad Audience.
- Art Media:
- Digital art, Illustration, Mixed media.
- Art Styles:
- Fantastical, Science fiction art.
- Open to all/most Topics.
|Artwork Artwork||3 pieces.|
- Winner's Prize:
- We list broad pay categories rather than prize specifics. Check with the publisher for details.
|Professional payment (US$50 or more per piece) Professional payment (US$50 or more per piece).|
| OK|| OK|| No|| Unknown|| No||Image format submissions |
- Always check guidelines for details and restrictions. If you aren't familiar with these terms, see our . glossary
More Information is Available to Subscribers:
Only the basic information for this listing is currently visible. If you want to learn more about this listing, including submission statistics (average response time, rejection percentage, acceptance percentage, etc.), you need to subscribe
. See a sample of what you're missing