PodCastle is looking for fantasy stories. We’re open to all the sub-genres of fantasy, from magical realism to urban fantasy to slipstream to high fantasy, and everything in between. Fantastical or non-real content should be meaningful to the story. We are an audio magazine. Our audience can’t skim past the boring parts. Ideally, fiction should have strong pacing, well-defined characters, engaging dialogue, clear action, and still be beautiful. Above all, we’re looking for stories that are fun to listen to. Humor is encouraged. We hope to publish fiction reflecting the full range of settings and tropes found in fantasy fiction. We’d particularly like to see more stories set outside America, and stories that feature characters who represent a range of backgrounds and ethnicities.
Important: Reprints strongly encouraged.
Country of Publication & Year Established
United States||Established in 2007
Publication Media & Frequency
|Audio Publication ||Audio Publication||Published 52 x per year.
|Electronic Publication ||Electronic Publication||Published 52 x per year.
Fiction Temp Closed
- Open to a broad Audience, including: All nationalities, All ethnic groups/populations, All genders, All religions, All sexual identities.
|Fantasy Fantasy||Open to all/most Subgenres, including: Heroic Fantasy, Magic Realism, Slipstream, Urban Fantasy.|
- Open to all/most Styles, including: Humorous, Mainstream.
- Open to all/most Topics, including: Other (May vary).
|Flash Fiction Flash Fiction||Up to 1,000 words; Up to 2 pieces.|
|Short Story Short Story||1,000 - 6,000 words; Up to 2 pieces.|
- We list broad pay categories rather than payment specifics. Check with the publisher for details.
|Professional payment (5 or more US cents per word) Professional payment (5 or more US cents per word).|
| OK|| No|| OK|| OK||Text format submissions |
- Always check guidelines for details and restrictions. If you aren't familiar with these terms, see our . glossary
More Information is Available to Subscribers:
Only the basic information for this listing is currently visible. If you want to learn more about this listing, including submission statistics (average response time, rejection percentage, acceptance percentage, etc.), you need to subscribe
. See a sample of what you're missing