Paper Dog Books
other projects related to this listing
Paper Dog Books is a micro-press run by writer and software engineer Nicole Jacobson. I started this press to publish speculative fiction at the edge of genre. The "edge of genre", huh, what does that mean? Maybe its more erotic. Maybe its more political. Maybe its more philosophical. Maybe it swims outside the lanes of conventional Science Fiction / Fantasy classification. Maybe it defies easy marketing and standard plot lines to take a swing at being something else. You know that moment before you step through the door of your house or apartment or trailer or chateau or temple or giant shoe or wigwam or igloo or kendo or federally mandated penitentiary cell and your hand is on the door knob and you think for just one second, just one beat - I don't think I know what's on the other side today? Maybe its like that. Let's make books like that.
Country of Publication & Year Established
| United States
||Established in 2017
|Open to a broad Audience.
|Electronic Publication ||Electronic Publication||
|Print Publication ||Print Publication||
|Fantasy Fantasy||Open to all/most Subgenres.|
|Horror Horror||Open to all/most Subgenres.|
|Science Fiction Science Fiction||Open to all/most Subgenres.|
- Open to all/most Styles, including: Mainstream.
- Open to all/most Topics.
|Novel Novel||No specific word count limits known (our definition: more than 40000 words).|
- We do not list pay specifics. Check with the publisher for details.
|Unknown advance + Unknown royalties Unknown advance. Unknown royalties.|
| OK|| No|| No|| Unknown||Text format submissions |
- Always check guidelines for details and restrictions. If you aren't familiar with these terms, see our . glossary
More Information is Available to Members
Only the basic information for this listing is currently visible. If you want to learn more about this listing, including response statistics (average response time, rejection percentage, acceptance percentage, etc.), you need to subscribe
. See a sample of what you're missing.
We cannot guarantee that the information on this page is correct. It is not unusual for publications to evolve or close without notice. We do our best to keep up, but it isn't always possible. Just remember…
- Always read the full guidelines provided by the publisher.
- Try to read at least one previous publication to get a better idea of what the editor would like to see.
- Unless the publisher's guidelines state otherwise, always use industry standard manuscript formatting.
- For book publishers, it is standard to submit a cover letter, synopsis, and sample instead of the full manuscript. Do this unless otherwise instructed.
- Be professional, patient and persistent.