Flash Fiction Online
other projects related to this listing
At a high level, our goals are pretty simple. To serve flash fiction readers and writers with a professional, sustainable market for flash fiction stories. To promote the general population's reading of great short stories in general and of great flash fiction in particular.
Want more insight into the editors' preferences? Read our
Country of Publication
| United States
|Open to a broad Audience.
Publication Medium & Frequency
|Electronic Publication ||Electronic Publication||Published 12 x per year.
They’re very short, but they are still stories. That means the best ones have strong, interesting characters, plots, and (to some extent, at least) settings. We’re not that concerned about genre. Many of us have a fondness for science fiction and fantasy, but we also like literary fiction; and in any case, great flash stories aren’t always easily classified. If you wrote it, and you love it, then submit it.
|Fantasy Fantasy||Open to all/most Subgenres, including: Slipstream, Urban Fantasy.|
|Horror Horror||Open to all/most Subgenres, including: Slipstream.|
|Science Fiction Science Fiction||Open to all/most Subgenres, including: Hard Science Fiction, Slipstream, Space Opera.|
|Open to all/most Genres Open to all/most Genres|
- Open to all/most Styles, including: Humorous, Literary, Mainstream.
- Open to all/most Topics, including: Seasons/Holidays (See guidelines).
|Flash Fiction Flash Fiction||500 - 1,000 words; Up to 3 pieces.|
- We do not list pay specifics. Check with the publisher for details.
|Professional payment (5 or more US cents per word) Professional payment (5 or more US cents per word).|
| OK|| No|| OK|| No||Text format submissions |
- Always check guidelines for details and restrictions. If you aren't familiar with these terms, see our . glossary
More Information is Available to Members
Only the basic information for this listing is currently visible. If you want to learn more about this listing, including response statistics (average response time, rejection percentage, acceptance percentage, etc.), you need to subscribe
. See a sample of what you're missing.
Last Updated: 03 Jun 2018
Last Audited: 18 May 2018 We audit each active listing twice a year.
Date Added: 03 Dec 2007
We cannot guarantee that the information on this page is correct. It is not unusual for publications to evolve or close without notice. We do our best to keep up, but it isn't always possible. Just remember…
- Always read the full guidelines provided by the publisher.
- Try to read at least one previous publication to get a better idea of what the editor would like to see.
- Unless the publisher's guidelines state otherwise, always use industry standard manuscript formatting.
- Be professional, patient and persistent.