Howard Frank Mosher First Novel and Story Collection Book Prize
Green Writers Press (see other related projects)
A project of
Do not submit here! This project is on indefinite hiatus to submissions. (September 2020)
We list other projects with similar titles. Please ensure you report any submissions under the correct listing.
This publication prize is for a novelist or short story writer who writes about Vermont and/or the themes that resonate so well with Howard's work: nature, small-town stories, love, friendship, forgiveness, Vermont, solitude, and rural life, that are part of Howard's literary legacy. It is our hope at GWP to continue the literary, grassroots tradition of storytelling in our time that Howard loved so much. This award is especially poignant because Howard was a part of its creation before he passed away in January of 2017. The prize will be awarded annually to a writer of any age.
Fees Notice: This project charges fees (or requires purchases) for all submissions.
Country of Publication & Year Established
United States||Established in 2017
|Open to a broad Audience.
Publication Medium & Contest Frequency
|Print Publication ||Print Publication||Awarded 1 x per year.
Fiction On Hiatus
- Open to all/most Styles, including: Literary.
- Open to all/most Topics, including: Place/Regions (Specific region, See guidelines).
|Story Collection Story Collection||No specific word count limits known.|
|Novel Novel||No specific word count limits known (our definition: more than 40000 words).|
- Winner's Prize:
- We list broad pay categories rather than prize specifics. Check with the publisher for details.
|Unknown advance + Unknown royalties Unknown advance. Unknown royalties.|
| OK|| No|| No|| Unknown|| Unknown||Text format submissions |
- Always check guidelines for details and restrictions. If you aren't familiar with these terms, see our . glossary
Howard Frank Mosher First Novel and Story Collection Book Prize Submission Statistics
More Information is Available to Subscribers:
Only the basic information for this listing is currently visible. If you want to learn more about this listing, including submission statistics (average response time, rejection percentage, acceptance percentage, etc.), you need to subscribe
. See a sample of what you're missing
Last Updated: 08 Sep 2020
Date Added: 16 Mar 2019
We cannot guarantee that the information on this page is correct. It is not unusual for publications to evolve or close without notice. We do our best to keep up, but it isn't always possible. Just remember…
- Always read the full guidelines provided by the publisher.
- Try to read at least one previous publication to get a better idea of what the editor would like to see.
- Unless the publisher's guidelines state otherwise, always use industry standard manuscript formatting.
- Be professional, patient, and persistent.