Utne Reader is a digest of the new ideas and fresh perspectives percolating in arts, culture, politics, and spirituality. The mission behind every issue of Utne Reader is to start meaningful conversations that transcend traditional labels, biases, and stereotypes; conversations that demonstrate there’s still plenty of room for all of us to grow, to be educated … to be cured of ignorance. Every issue of Utne Reader provides viewpoints from various sources to engage and inform you with what world leaders and common people are doing to address some of the biggest issues facing the planet, and how we as a society are reacting, or should be.
Important: Reprints only. They do not accept queries for original pieces.
Country of Publication & Year Established
United States||Established in 1984
Publication Media & Frequency
|Electronic Publication ||Electronic Publication||Published 12 x per year.
|Print Publication ||Print Publication||Published 4 x per year.
- Open to a broad Audience.
- Open to all/most Styles, including: Humorous, Mainstream, Personal.
- Politics/Political Science, Religion/Spirituality (Spirituality), Society/Culture.
|Article Article||150 - 3,750 words.|
|Essay Essay||150 - 3,750 words.|
- We list broad pay categories rather than payment specifics. Check with the publisher for details.
|Unknown payment Unknown payment.|
| OK|| OK|| OK|| Unknown||Text format submissions |
- Always check guidelines for details and restrictions. If you aren't familiar with these terms, see our . glossary
More Information is Available to Subscribers:
Only the basic information for this listing is currently visible. If you want to learn more about this listing, including submission statistics (average response time, rejection percentage, acceptance percentage, etc.), you need to subscribe
. See a sample of what you're missing