Launched in January 2011 with funding from the National Endowment for the Arts, this series publishes one to two collections of poetry each year by poets living in the United States west of the Mississippi River, including Alaska, Hawaii, and the US Pacific Territories. The Mountain/West Poetry Series seeks submissions that are relevant, environmentally conscious, and culturally engaged. We are interested in manuscripts that are vital in care, honest in ethics, formally inventive and astute, attuned to and questioning of tradition, historically aware, oriented to the overlapping concerns of the earthly, animal. and human.
Important: Limited Demographic: Submissions are restricted to those living west of the Mississippi.
Country of Publication & Year Established
United States||Established in 2011
|Print Publication ||Print Publication||
Poetry Temp Closed
- Open to a broad Audience.
- Poetry Forms:
- Open to all/most Forms.
- Open to all/most Styles, including: Literary.
- Open to all/most Topics, including: Nature/Environment (Environmental issues, See guidelines).
|Poetry Collection Poetry Collection||60 - 100 pages.|
- We list broad pay categories rather than payment specifics. Check with the publisher for details.
|Semi-pro advance (US$200-1999) + < 15% royalties Semi-pro advance (US$200-1999). < 15% royalties.|
| OK|| No|| No|| Unknown||Text format submissions |
- Always check guidelines for details and restrictions. If you aren't familiar with these terms, see our . glossary
More Information is Available to Subscribers:
Only the basic information for this listing is currently visible. If you want to learn more about this listing, including submission statistics (average response time, rejection percentage, acceptance percentage, etc.), you need to subscribe
. See a sample of what you're missing