River Teeth: A Journal of Nonfiction Narrative was co-founded in 1999 by Joe Mackall and Dan Lehman, professors at Ashland University in Ashland, Ohio. The journal is recognized as a national leader in publishing quality essays, memoir, and literary journalism. In 2019, River Teeth moved its primary location to Ball State University.
Fees Notice: This project charges fees (or requires purchases) for all submissions, and does not offer monetary payment for accepted submissions.
Country of Publication & Year Established
| United States
||Established in 1999
Publication Media & Frequency
|EElectronic Publication ||Electronic Publication||Published 2 x per year.
|PPrint Publication ||Print Publication||Published 2 x per year.
Nonfiction Temp Closed
Will be open to submissions from 01 September 2023* (approx. 88 days from now) through 01 December 2023. 1
- Open to a broad Audience.
- Open to all/most Styles, including: Literary, Personal.
- Open to all/most Topics, including: Literature/Books (Theory/Analysis/Criticism), Memoir.
|VReview Review||No specific word count limits known.|
|RArticle Article||No specific word count limits known.|
|YEssay Essay||No specific word count limits known.|
|ZNarrative Nonfiction Narrative Nonfiction||No specific word count limits known.|
- We list broad pay categories rather than payment specifics. Check with the publisher for details.
|NNo monetary payment No monetary payment.|
| OK|| No|| No|| OK||Text format submissions |
- Always check guidelines for details and restrictions. If you aren't familiar with these terms, see our glossary.
* We do not know the time and/or timezone, so we cannot be more precise. Submit early to avoid disappointment.
More Information is Available to Subscribers:
Only the basic information for this listing is currently visible. If you want to learn more about this listing, including submission statistics (average response time, rejection percentage, acceptance percentage, etc.), you need to subscribe
. See a sample of what you're missing