This poetry prize remembers Cambridge graduate, Olga Kenyon, (Aryamati), who had a rich career involving teaching, lecturing and writing. She was a well respected non fiction author, documenting and researching the history of women's writing and had eight books published. As a keen poet she won the North West Libraries poetry award in 2013 and her poem about Alderley Edge was displayed on the city's trams. This prize seeks poets who write for social change and peace. The prize represents that which Aryamati held dear: reading widely, writing to her loved ones from across the globe by postcard and seeking critical feedback on her work, constantly aiming to improve her craft.
Fees Notice: This project charges fees (or requires purchases) for all submissions and does not offer monetary payment for accepted submissions.
Want more insight into the editors' preferences? Read our
Country of Publication
Publication Media & Contest Frequency
|Audio Publication ||Audio Publication||Awarded 1 x per year.
|Electronic Publication ||Electronic Publication||Awarded 1 x per year.
|Print Publication ||Print Publication||Awarded 1 x per year.
|Video Publication ||Video Publication||Awarded 1 x per year.
Poetry Open Fee-based
Open to poetry submissions through 05 October 2021* (approx. 17 days from now). 1
- Open to a broad Audience.
- Poetry Forms:
- Open to all/most Forms.
- Open to all/most Styles, including: Literary.
- Society/Culture (General, See guidelines), Other (See guidelines).
|Poem Poem||20 - 30 lines.|
- Winner's Prize:
- We list broad pay categories rather than prize specifics. Check with the publisher for details.
|No monetary payment No monetary payment.|
| OK|| No|| OK|| OK|| OK||Text format submissions |
- Always check guidelines for details and restrictions. If you aren't familiar with these terms, see our . glossary
* We do not know the time and/or timezone, so we cannot be more precise. Submit early to avoid disappointment.
More Information is Available to Subscribers:
Only the basic information for this listing is currently visible. If you want to learn more about this listing, including submission statistics (average response time, rejection percentage, acceptance percentage, etc.), you need to subscribe
. See a sample of what you're missing