Short Fiction is a high-quality online journal (previously also in print, since 2006), publishing some of the finest short stories from around the world. Many of our authors are long celebrated, others we’ll take credit for as our discovery. We also publish original art work, as we enjoy the possibilities of dialogue between literature and the visual arts, and want to support all forms of collaborative artistic practice.
Voluntary Fees: This project accepts voluntary fees for feedback.
Important: Limited Demographic: Submissions are restricted to those not from the USA.
Country of Publication & Year Established
United Kingdom||Established in 2006
Publication Medium & Frequency
|Electronic Publication ||Electronic Publication||Published 12 x per year.
We have wide-ranging tastes and have happily published traditional character driven stories next to non-conformist work of extraordinary innovation.
Open to fiction submissions through 12 December 2021* (approx. 45 days from now). 0
- Open to a broad Audience.
- Open to all/most Styles, including: Literary.
- Open to all/most Topics.
|Flash Fiction Flash Fiction||500 - 1,000 words.|
|Short Story Short Story||1,000 - 5,000 words.|
- We list broad pay categories rather than payment specifics. Check with the publisher for details.
|Semi-pro payment (1-4.9 US cents per word) Semi-pro payment (1-4.9 US cents per word).|
| OK|| No|| No|| OK||Text format submissions |
- Always check guidelines for details and restrictions. If you aren't familiar with these terms, see our . glossary
* We do not know the time and/or timezone, so we cannot be more precise. Submit early to avoid disappointment.
More Information is Available to Subscribers:
Only the basic information for this listing is currently visible. If you want to learn more about this listing, including submission statistics (average response time, rejection percentage, acceptance percentage, etc.), you need to subscribe
. See a sample of what you're missing