Darkness Blooms Anthology
The Dread Machine Press (see other related projects).
A project of
Do not submit here! This project is permanently closed to submissions (May 2021). We provide the following information as an archive.
Identity, security, and community are inexorably entwined. We’re looking for stories touching on at least one of these themes. We want you to explore the boundaries of who we are, what makes us feel safe (and at what cost), with whom we choose to surround ourselves, and our darkest secrets. Let’s explore how they influence us and our perception of reality.
Country of Publication & Year Established
United States||Established in 2021
Publication Medium & Frequency
|Print Publication ||Print Publication||Published 1 x per year.
- Open to a broad Audience.
|Science Fiction Science Fiction||Open to all/most Subgenres, including: Cyberpunk, Dystopian.|
- Open to all/most Styles, including: Dark, Mainstream.
- Other (See guidelines).
|Short Story Short Story||2,000 - 7,500 words.|
|Novelette Novelette||7,500 - 10,000 words.|
- We list broad pay categories rather than payment specifics. Check with the publisher for details.
|Professional payment (5 or more US cents per word) Professional payment (5 or more US cents per word).|
| OK|| No|| No|| No|| OK||Text format submissions |
- Always check guidelines for details and restrictions. If you aren't familiar with these terms, see our . glossary
Darkness Blooms Anthology Submission Statistics
More Information is Available to Subscribers:
Only the basic information for this listing is currently visible. If you want to learn more about this listing, including submission statistics (average response time, rejection percentage, acceptance percentage, etc.), you need to subscribe
. See a sample of what you're missing
Last Updated: 31 May 2021
Date Added: 01 Mar 2021
We cannot guarantee that the information on this page is correct. It is not unusual for publications to evolve or close without notice. We do our best to keep up, but it isn't always possible. Duotrope listings do not imply endorsement or recommendation of the project being listed. Before submitting, you should use your own judgment to determine whether the project meets your standards.
- Always read the full guidelines provided by the publisher.
- Try to read at least one previous publication to get a better idea of what the editor would like to see.
- Unless the publisher's guidelines state otherwise, always use industry standard manuscript formatting.
- Be professional, patient, and persistent.