FlowerSong Press believes that it is important to promote Chicanx poetry and writing. Chicanx poetry has always been about both celebration and protest: celebrating Chicanx culture and people, and continuing to fight injustice. Even though it’s been almost 60 years since Yo Soy Joaquin entered the world, the same issues that epic addresses are still present in the world. It is necessary for Chicanx art to be produced because it is necessary that Chicanx speak about/to the world and their place in it.
Important: Limited Demographic: Submissions are restricted to those who identify as Chicanx.
Country of Publication & Year Established
United States||Established in 2021
|Print Publication ||Print Publication||
Poetry Temp Closed
- Open to a broad Audience, including: Hispanics/Latinos.
- Poetry Forms:
- Open to all/most Forms.
- Open to all/most Styles, including: Literary.
- Open to all/most Topics, including: Society/Culture (Ethnicity/Race, See guidelines).
|Poetry Collection Poetry Collection||No page limits known (our definition: at least 0 pages).|
- We list broad pay categories rather than payment specifics. Check with the publisher for details.
|Unknown advance + Unknown royalties Unknown advance. Unknown royalties.|
| OK|| No|| No|| No||Text format submissions |
- Always check guidelines for details and restrictions. If you aren't familiar with these terms, see our . glossary
More Information is Available to Subscribers:
Only the basic information for this listing is currently visible. If you want to learn more about this listing, including submission statistics (average response time, rejection percentage, acceptance percentage, etc.), you need to subscribe
. See a sample of what you're missing