Plainsongs Poetry Magazine
A project of Corpus Callosum Press
Do not submit here! This project is on indefinite hiatus. Check their site to find out whether this is a submission and/or publication hiatus. (March 2023)
Plainsongs’s title suggests not only its location on the Great Plains, but also its preference for the living language, whether in free or formal verse. Plainsongs presents poems that seem to be aware of modernist and post-modernist influences, not necessarily by imitation or allusion, but by using the tools provided by that rich heritage. Featuring poetry that runs the gamut from traditional to experimental, from realist to surrealist, Plainsongs strives to capture the multiplicity of voices--including those of feminist, nonwhite, immigrant, and LGBTQ writers--that make up this vibrant and wonderfully diverse Midwestern soundscape. Poets from all 50 states and many foreign countries contribute regularly to Plainsongs.
Country of Publication & Year Established
| United States
||Established in 1980
Publication Medium & Frequency
|PPrint Publication ||Print Publication||Published 2 x per year.
Fiction On Hiatus
This project has permanently closed to submissions in this category.
Poetry On Hiatus
- Open to a broad Audience, including: All nationalities, Americans, People in a specific region.
- Poetry Forms:
- Open to all/most Forms, including: Formal verse, Free verse.
- Open to all/most Styles, including: Literary.
- Open to all/most Topics.
|PPoem Poem||No line limits known; Up to 5 pieces.|
- We list broad pay categories rather than payment specifics. Check with the publisher for details.
|NNo monetary payment to SSemi-pro payment (US$5-49 per poem) Pays occasionally, up to Semi-pro payment (US$5-49 per poem).|
| OK|| No|| No|| OK||Text format submissions |
- Always check guidelines for details and restrictions. If you aren't familiar with these terms, see our glossary.
Plainsongs Poetry Magazine Submission Statistics
More Information is Available to Subscribers:
Only the basic information for this listing is currently visible. If you want to learn more about this listing, including submission statistics (average response time, rejection percentage, acceptance percentage, etc.), you need to subscribe
. See a sample of what you're missing
Last Updated: 13 Mar 2023
Date Added: 13 Mar 2009
We cannot guarantee that the information on this page is correct. It is not unusual for publications to evolve or close without notice. We do our best to keep up, but it isn't always possible. Duotrope listings do not imply endorsement or recommendation of the project being listed. Before submitting, you should use your own judgment to determine whether the project meets your standards.
- Always read the full guidelines provided by the publisher.
- Try to read at least one previous publication to get a better idea of what the editor would like to see.
- Unless the publisher's guidelines state otherwise, always use industry standard manuscript formatting.
- Be professional, patient, and persistent.