Dancing Fools Press
other projects related to this listing
Do not submit here! This project is believed to be defunct. (December 2013)
We're dedicated to bringing well-written, character-focused stories to readers with a hunger for the good stuff and an understanding that quality fiction isn't found only on the shelves in a chain bookstore. We offer an alternative path to publication for authors who want to have more control over their work and are ready to thrive in a professional and supportive environment.
Country of Publication
| United States
|Electronic Publication ||Electronic Publication||
|Print Publication ||Print Publication||
|General General||Open to all/most Subgenres, excluding Slipstream.|
|Action-Adventure Action-Adventure||Open to all/most Subgenres, including: Historical.|
|Fantasy Fantasy||Open to all/most Subgenres, excluding Slipstream.|
|Horror Horror||Open to all/most Subgenres, including: Creature Horror, Fabulism, Gothic, Historical, Horror Western, Magic Realism, Noir, Paranormal, Psychological, Science Fiction Horror, Soft Horror, Supernatural, excluding Extreme Horror, Serial Killer.|
|Mystery/Crime Mystery/Crime||Open to all/most Subgenres.|
|Romance Romance||Open to all/most Subgenres, excluding Chick Lit.|
|Science Fiction Science Fiction||Open to all/most Subgenres.|
|Suspense/Thriller Suspense/Thriller||Open to all/most Subgenres, excluding Serial Killer.|
|Western Western||Open to all/most Subgenres.|
- Open to all/most Styles, including: Experimental, Humorous, Literary, Mainstream, Pulp, Quirky, Realist, Satirical. Excluding: Absurdist, Dark.
|Novella Novella||20,000 to 40,000 words.|
|Novel Novel||No specific word count limits known (our definition: more than 40000 words).|
- We do not list pay specifics. Check with the publisher for details.
|Unknown advance + Unknown royalties Unknown advance. Unknown royalties.|
| OK|| No|| No|| OK||Text format submissions |
- Always check guidelines for details and restrictions. If you aren't familiar with these terms, see our . glossary
More Information is Available to Members
Only the basic information for this listing is currently visible. If you want to learn more about this listing, including response statistics (average response time, rejection percentage, acceptance percentage, etc.), you need to subscribe
. See a sample of what you're missing.
Last Updated: 01 Dec 2013
Date Added: 01 Apr 2011
We cannot guarantee that the information on this page is correct. It is not unusual for publications to evolve or close without notice. We do our best to keep up, but it isn't always possible. Just remember…
- Always read the full guidelines provided by the publisher.
- Try to read at least one previous publication to get a better idea of what the editor would like to see.
- Unless the publisher's guidelines state otherwise, always use industry standard manuscript formatting.
- For book publishers, it is standard to submit a cover letter, synopsis, and sample instead of the full manuscript. Do this unless otherwise instructed.
- Be professional, patient and persistent.