Cold Moon Press
other projects related to this listing
Do not submit here! This project is believed to be defunct. (August 2013)
Cold Moon Press opened in the fall of 2010. We are an independent publisher of novels, single-author anthologies, and multi-author anthologies. While we will consider writing from many genres, we love urban fantasy, fantasy, suspense, thriller, mystery, and horror. Our print books available through major online retailers and through some brick-and-mortar bookstores. Our books are also available for many e-book readers.
Country of Publication
|Electronic Publication ||Electronic Publication||
|Print Publication ||Print Publication||
Fiction Believed Defunct
What are we looking for? Think about our name. Think magical, dark, or chilling stories in many genres, with a preference for urban fantasy, fantasy, suspense, thriller, mystery, and horror. That being said, of less interest are stories about benevolent teenage vampires or schools for wizards. If you can say, “It’s just like (fill in the title of a book here),” then we are not the publisher for you. Stories should be engaging from the first line, so hook us on page one! Have strong characters, unique plot lines, and well-written prose.
|Fantasy Fantasy||Open to all/most Subgenres, including: Urban Fantasy.|
|Horror Horror||Open to all/most Subgenres.|
|Mystery/Crime Mystery/Crime||Open to all/most Subgenres.|
|Suspense/Thriller Suspense/Thriller||Open to all/most Subgenres.|
|Open to all/most Genres Open to all/most Genres|
- Open to all/most Styles.
|Story Collection Story Collection||No specific word count limits known.|
|Novel Novel||No specific word count limits known (our definition: more than 40000 words).|
- We list broad pay categories rather than payment specifics. Check with the publisher for details.
|Unknown advance + Unknown royalties Unknown advance. Unknown royalties.|
| OK|| No|| No|| Unknown||Text format submissions |
- Always check guidelines for details and restrictions. If you aren't familiar with these terms, see our . glossary
Cold Moon Press Submission Statistics
More Information is Available to Members:
Only the basic information for this listing is currently visible. If you want to learn more about this listing, including submission statistics (average response time, rejection percentage, acceptance percentage, etc.), you need to subscribe
. See a sample of what you're missing.
Last Updated: 27 Aug 2013
Date Added: 29 Sep 2011
We cannot guarantee that the information on this page is correct. It is not unusual for publications to evolve or close without notice. We do our best to keep up, but it isn't always possible. Just remember…
- Always read the full guidelines provided by the publisher.
- Try to read at least one previous publication to get a better idea of what the editor would like to see.
- Unless the publisher's guidelines state otherwise, always use industry standard manuscript formatting.
- For book publishers, it is standard to submit a cover letter, synopsis, and sample instead of the full manuscript. Do this unless otherwise instructed.
- Be professional, patient, and persistent.