Do not submit here! This project is permanently closed to submissions (November 2018). We provide the following information as an archive.
Why can't we buy individual poems like we do songs? It's an idea that's long overdue. Architrave represents a new kind of periodical literature: poems printed as individual pages that allow readers to curate their own collection in the same way that music lovers create playlists. It also allows the poem to move more freely through the world, maybe as an item for a bulletin board, as a postcard to a friend, as a bookmark, as raw material for collage… whatever the reader is inspired to do. They can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription (if you'd like to receive all poems in each edition). These aren't typical book pages cut from their bindings. Each page is printed on 5 ½" x 8" archival card stock using antique letterpress methods. We do this for several reasons: digital age readers have many choices, so any physically printed material must be special; poetry itself is special and deserves an elegant vehicle; and most of all, we want to catch the eyes of intelligent, artful readers who don't yet realize there is poetry in the world they enjoy. It is this commitment to reclaim poetry for non-poets that guides Architrave.
Voluntary Fees: This project accepts voluntary fees for "tip jar" submissions.
Country of Publication
|Print Publication ||Print Publication||
It is our goal to reclaim poetry for non-poet readers. To that end, we seek work that has an element of story or an intriguing speaker, as well as a solid emotional core. Please help us prove that accessible poems don't have to be simplistic, boring or safe.
- Open to a broad Audience.
- Poetry Forms:
- Open to all/most Forms, including: Blank verse, Cinquain, Formal verse, Free verse, Ghazal, Haiku (or related), Invented/Nonce form, Lyric poetry, Metrical, Narrative poetry, Pantoum, Prose poetry, Short poetry, Sonnet, Villanelle.
- Open to all/most Styles, including: Dark, Humorous, Literary, Mainstream, Quirky, Realist, Satirical.
- Open to all/most Topics.
|Poetry Chapbook Poetry Chapbook||Up to 5 pages.|
- We list broad pay categories rather than payment specifics. Check with the publisher for details.
|No monetary advance + No royalties No monetary advance. No royalties.|
| OK|| No|| No|| OK||Text format submissions |
- Always check guidelines for details and restrictions. If you aren't familiar with these terms, see our . glossary
More Information is Available to Subscribers:
Only the basic information for this listing is currently visible. If you want to learn more about this listing, including submission statistics (average response time, rejection percentage, acceptance percentage, etc.), you need to subscribe
. See a sample of what you're missing