Hippocampus Magazine is an exclusively online publication set out to entertain, educate and engage writers and readers of creative nonfiction. Each issue features memoir excerpts, personal essays, reviews, interviews and craft articles.
Fees Notice: This project charges fees (or requires purchases) for some submissions. They charge fees for some submission periods.
Want more insight into the editors' preferences? Read our
Country of Publication & Year Established
United States||Established in 2011
Publication Medium & Frequency
|Electronic Publication ||Electronic Publication||Published 7 x per year.
We like quirky, we like edgy, we like witty, we like smart, we like to be moved, we like pieces that stick with us.
Open to nonfiction submissions through 23 December 2021* (approx. 17 days from now). 4
- Open to a broad Audience.
- Open to all/most Styles, including: Experimental, Humorous, Literary, Mainstream, Personal, Quirky.
- Open to all/most Topics, including: Memoir.
|Essay Essay||Up to 4,000 words.|
|Narrative Nonfiction Narrative Nonfiction||Up to 4,000 words.|
|Book Excerpt Book Excerpt||Up to 4,000 words.|
- We list broad pay categories rather than payment specifics. Check with the publisher for details.
|Semi-pro payment (1-4.9 US cents per word) to Professional payment (5 or more US cents per word) Pay ranges from Semi-pro payment (1-4.9 US cents per word) to Professional payment (5 or more US cents per word).|
| OK|| No|| No|| OK||Text format submissions |
- Always check guidelines for details and restrictions. If you aren't familiar with these terms, see our . glossary
* We do not know the time and/or timezone, so we cannot be more precise. Submit early to avoid disappointment.
More Information is Available to Subscribers:
Only the basic information for this listing is currently visible. If you want to learn more about this listing, including submission statistics (average response time, rejection percentage, acceptance percentage, etc.), you need to subscribe
. See a sample of what you're missing