Youth Imagination Magazine
The Silver Pen Writers' Association (see other related projects)
A project of
Youth Imagination is interested in creative fiction stories by teens as well as by adult authors. Make the stories awesome, inspiring and engaging. Our goal is to publish the best writing for and by teens. We particularly love stories exploring the issues, such as bullying, drugs, romance, school, parental issues, teacher issues, etc., as well as about the grit and character of teens and young adults. We accept most genres of fiction, including modern, urban or classical fantasy, as well as sci-fi, slipstream, literary, action-adventure or suspense.
Country of Publication
| United States
|Middle grades, Young adults.
Publication Medium & Frequency
|Electronic Publication ||Electronic Publication||Published 12 x per year.
- Dates: Rolling Submission Periods: Check cut-off dates.
|General General||Open to all/most Subgenres, including: Slipstream, Urban.|
|Action-Adventure Action-Adventure||Open to all/most Subgenres.|
|Fantasy Fantasy||Open to all/most Subgenres, including: Contemporary, Slipstream, Urban Fantasy.|
|Science Fiction Science Fiction||Open to all/most Subgenres, including: Slipstream.|
|Suspense/Thriller Suspense/Thriller||Open to all/most Subgenres.|
|Open to all/most Genres Open to all/most Genres|
- Open to all/most Styles, including: Mainstream.
- Open to all/most Topics.
|Flash Fiction Flash Fiction||200 - 1,000 words.|
|Short Story Short Story||1,000 - 7,500 words.|
|Novelette Novelette||7,500 - 15,000 words.|
|Novella Novella||15,000 - 20,000 words.|
- We do not list pay specifics. Check with the publisher for details.
|Token payment (under 1 US cent per word) Token payment (under 1 US cent per word).|
| OK|| No|| OK|| OK||Text format submissions |
- Always check guidelines for details and restrictions. If you aren't familiar with these terms, see our . glossary
More Information is Available to Members
Only the basic information for this listing is currently visible. If you want to learn more about this listing, including response statistics (average response time, rejection percentage, acceptance percentage, etc.), you need to subscribe
. See a sample of what you're missing.
05 Nov 2017
05 Nov 2012
We cannot guarantee that the information on this page is correct. It is not unusual for publications to evolve or close without notice. We do our best to keep up, but it isn't always possible. Just remember…
- Always read the full guidelines provided by the publisher.
- Try to read at least one previous publication to get a better idea of what the editor would like to see.
- Unless the publisher's guidelines state otherwise, always use industry standard manuscript formatting.
- Be professional, patient and persistent.