other projects related to this listing
Do not submit here! This project is permanently closed to submissions. We provide the following information as an archive.
The Avery Anthology is an anthology devoted to the unpublished short story. Twice yearly, we publish a dozen or more new short stories from established, emerging, and previously unpublished writers. Working closely with artists and graphic designers, we produce a handsome book, each edition of which we hope stands as a notch in the evolving recent history of what young and innovative writers are doing with short fiction.
Country of Publication
Publication Medium & Frequency
|Print Publication ||Print Publication||Published 2 x per year.
- Literary, Mainstream.
|Short Story Short Story||No specific word count limits known (our definition: 1000 to 7500 words).|
- We list broad pay categories rather than payment specifics. Check with the publisher for details.
|No monetary payment No monetary payment.|
| OK|| No|| No|| OK|| No||Text format submissions |
- Always check guidelines for details and restrictions. If you aren't familiar with these terms, see our . glossary
Avery Anthology Submission Statistics
More Information is Available to Members:
Only the basic information for this listing is currently visible. If you want to learn more about this listing, including submission statistics (average response time, rejection percentage, acceptance percentage, etc.), you need to subscribe
. See a sample of what you're missing.
Last Updated: 24 Apr 2018
Date Added: 20 May 2006
We cannot guarantee that the information on this page is correct. It is not unusual for publications to evolve or close without notice. We do our best to keep up, but it isn't always possible. Just remember…
- Always read the full guidelines provided by the publisher.
- Try to read at least one previous publication to get a better idea of what the editor would like to see.
- Unless the publisher's guidelines state otherwise, always use industry standard manuscript formatting.
- Be professional, patient, and persistent.