Five Oaks Press
other projects related to this listing
Do not submit here! This project is permanently closed to submissions (November 2018). We provide the following information as an archive.
Five Oaks Press is a micropress publishing poetry chapbooks and full-length poetry collections. We nominate for the Pushcart Prize and any other awards we can find for our authors. Our titles are perfect bound with ISBN numbers, sold on Amazon and our Square Market site. We are looking for concise, compressed language, images that settle like barbs beneath skin. While we don’t embrace an old-fashioned narrative lyricism, neither do we commit to the contemporary poetry of dissonance and discontinuity; our aesthetic straddles both, a foot in each, the space midway. We are especially keen on poetry that explores concepts of home through travel, as well as poetry that explores medical despair, the ways the body fails. Take us on the road; tune our hope-song and grief-song with musings on illness and mortality.
Fees Notice: This project charges fees (or requires purchases) for some submissions. They charge fees for Submittable submissions.
Country of Publication
|Open to a broad Audience, including: People in a specific region.
|Print Publication ||Print Publication||
- Poetry Forms:
- Open to all/most Forms.
- Open to all/most Styles, including: Literary.
- Open to all/most Topics, including: Place/Regions (Specific region).
|Poetry Chapbook Poetry Chapbook||16 - 28 pages.|
|Poetry Collection Poetry Collection||40 - 85 pages.|
- We list broad pay categories rather than payment specifics. Check with the publisher for details.
|No monetary advance + >= 15% royalties No monetary advance. >= 15% royalties.|
| OK|| No|| No|| Unknown||Text format submissions |
- Always check guidelines for details and restrictions. If you aren't familiar with these terms, see our . glossary
Five Oaks Press Submission Statistics
More Information is Available to Members:
Only the basic information for this listing is currently visible. If you want to learn more about this listing, including submission statistics (average response time, rejection percentage, acceptance percentage, etc.), you need to subscribe
. See a sample of what you're missing.
Last Updated: 16 Nov 2018
Date Added: 04 Aug 2015
We cannot guarantee that the information on this page is correct. It is not unusual for publications to evolve or close without notice. We do our best to keep up, but it isn't always possible. Just remember…
- Always read the full guidelines provided by the publisher.
- Try to read at least one previous publication to get a better idea of what the editor would like to see.
- Unless the publisher's guidelines state otherwise, always use industry standard manuscript formatting.
- For book publishers, it is standard to submit a cover letter, synopsis, and sample instead of the full manuscript. Do this unless otherwise instructed.
- Be professional, patient, and persistent.