Last Updated: August 4, 2020.
Information We Collect and How We Use It
When you set up a Duotrope or Duosuma account, and when you initiate a financial transaction through our site, we may collect the following types of Personal Information from and about you:
- contact information, including your first and last name, and email address;
- billing information,* including your name, credit card number, card security code, card expiration date, and billing address;
- your location information, such as IP address and physical address;
- your submission activity;
- a history of your customer service requests and other communications with us;
- unique identifiers, such as your account number and other identifiers assigned to you by us or by our third-party payment processor; and
- your interests and preferences, action history, information requested or rejected, and other selections made by you.
* You should know that your billing information is actually collected and stored for use by our payment processor. We never have access to your full credit card number, but, to administer your account, we may have limited access to the following: your name and billing address, the type of credit card you used (Visa, AmEx, etc.), the last four digits of the card number, the security code, and the card's expiration date.
We use your Personal Information provide our services, to collect subscription and account fees, to process recurring subscriptions, to authenticate your access to our site and to your data stored on our site, and to:
- administer your account and send order confirmations, receipts, and reminders;
- send updates or information you request about our products and services;
- automatically populate your Submission Tracker (if you submit through Duosuma);
- respond to your questions, concerns, or customer service requests;
- send you a newsletter if you opt-in and, occasionally, marketing communications announcing new services or resources available on or through our site;
- improve your experience on our site;
- conduct research and analysis;
- display content based upon your interests and location;
- permit interactions among Duosuma Team Members, or among "group subscription" participants; and/or
- facilitate submissions and related transactions through Duosuma.
When we gather information for statistical purposes, the information we report does not include any personally-identifiable data about you and is not linked in any way to your Personal Information.
If you would like to have your name announced when you have a piece accepted, we will do so only if you have given us permission through your Profile.
We may continue to use, or re-use, your Personal Information for the same or similar purposes as those for which you initially provided it and may share or disclose your Personal Information to third-parties in the following ways:
- To communicate with you about your account and provide customer support.
- To send you our email newsletter, if you choose to opt-in. You can unsubscribe at any time; instructions are provided in every newsletter email and here.
- To bill and collect money owed to us. This may include sending you emails with invoices, receipts, notices, and alerts (if, for example, the transaction requires updated or new payment information). We either securely provide your billing information to our trusted third-party payment processor, Stripe, or redirect you to Stripe's website (stripe.com) to complete your transactions. In either case, your Personal Information is shared between us and Stripe so that the transactions you initiate can be processed and tracked.
- To meet valid legal requirements; for example, complying with court orders or subpoenas and/or prosecuting or defending against a legal proceeding.
- To provide information to our lawyers and accountants so that we remain in compliance with legal, accounting, or security requirements.
- To provide, support, and improve the services we offer. This includes aggregating information from your use of our services.
We are committed to safeguarding your Personal Information and privacy rights. We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to encrypt the information that you send through our site and will continue to follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information you submit. There is simply no method of transmission over the Internet and no means of electronic storage that is 100 percent safe and secure from every virus, scam, or other threat, so we cannot guarantee perfect security, but if you have questions about the security or privacy of your Personal Information, please contact us.
Accessing, Updating, and Controlling Your Personal Information
To review, correct, or update your Personal Information, you may access your Profile and/or Control Panel. Or, you may submit your request through our contact forms, by email to [email protected], or send us a note at the address provided below.
At any time and for any reason, you can request an exported file of the Personal Information we have about you, including any information you have provided to us. You can also request that we delete and/or erase any or all of your Personal Information. We will promptly acknowledge and fulfill your request, but note that we may be obliged to keep certain information for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
We recognize that the privacy and protection of children is of great importance. We will not knowingly collect, use, or disclose the Personal Information of anyone under 18 years of age without obtaining consent from a parent or legal guardian, except as otherwise permitted by law.
How to File a Complaint
If you have a complaint about our use of your Personal Information, you can contact us in writing at the address below. We will respond promptly with an acknowledgement, gather additional information, and attempt to address your concerns within 30 days.
Here's how you can contact us in with questions or complaints:
Email: [email protected]
Contact form: Customer Service
8100 Wyoming Blvd NE, Ste M4 #323
Albuquerque, NM 87113