Important Note: This is a Pilot Program. The terms and offerings are subject to change.
What We Offer
Duotrope sponsorship consists of a one-year Duotrope Gift Certificate for the First Place winners in fiction, nonfiction, poetry, and visual art categories (excluding translations and scripts/plays).
We sponsor a limited number of contests per quarter. Also, we reserve the right to decline to sponsor a contest for any reason. If your sponsorship request is regretfully declined, you may apply again in a future quarter.
To qualify for sponsorship, a contest must meet the following requirements:
- The contest must qualify for a full, non-fledgling listing with Duotrope. If the contest is not already listed with us, the contest administrators must request a listing and have that listing approved before requesting sponsorship.
- At a minimum, the contest must accept submissions from all citizens of legal age in the nation where the contest is based.
- The contest must agree to name Duotrope as a sponsor in all contest materials and provide a link to Duotrope's home page from the contest webpage.
- Sponsorship must be requested at least two months in advance of the contest's opening date. If the contest start date is eleven or more months more from now, please wait until closer to the start of the contest.
- The contest must award a First Place prize of at least USD $200 (or equivalent in foreign currency). This must be paid in currency with no limitations on how or where the winner can spend it. (In other words, awards such as stipends, tuition, or gift certificates don't meet this criterion.)
- The contest administrators must agree to the following Code of Ethics:
- that they will make every effort to respond to all correctly submitted entries;
- that they will not consider entries from friends, family members, or associates;
- that their contest materials will provide clear information on
- how the contest will be judged,
- who will judge it,
- when the winner will be announced, and
- when payment will be made
- The winner must be announced on schedule. If a delay is unavoidable due to circumstances beyond their control, the contest administrators must provide timely and public information as to the cause of the delay and when the winners will be announced.
- The prize monies must be paid as agreed and on schedule. If a delay is unavoidable due to circumstances beyond their control, the contest administrators must notify the winners about the delay and provide regular updates until the prize money has been paid.
Current Status: We are currently accepting sponsorship applications for this quarter.