When to Now: A Time Travel Anthology
Fairfield Scribes (see other related projects)
A project of
Do not submit here! This project is permanently closed to submissions (May 2018). We provide the following information as an archive.
From the first popularization of the genre with H.G. Wells' The Time Machine, to cult books such as Slaughterhouse-Five and A Wrinkle in Time, time travel has long fascinated readers of science fiction and fantasy. The premise can be absurd, such as The Restaurant at the End of the Universe, or filled with adventure, like The Chronicles of Narnia. Characters can have a love story over the ages, such as The Time Traveler's Wife or travel far into a dystopian future, like Planet of the Apes. Regardless of style, time travel is a compelling sub-genre of science fiction and fantasy. To jump on board the time travel train, the Fairfield Scribes are releasing When to Now: A Time Travel Anthology, and we're looking for our feature story.
Country of Publication
|Open to a broad Audience.
Publication Media & Contest Frequency
|Electronic Publication ||Electronic Publication||One-time contest.
|Print Publication ||Print Publication||One-time contest.
|Fantasy Fantasy||Subgenre: Science Fantasy.|
|Science Fiction Science Fiction||Subgenre: Time Travel.|
- Open to all/most Styles, including: Minimalist.
- Other (See guidelines).
|Flash Fiction Flash Fiction||Up to 1,000 words; 2 - 4 pieces.|
|Short Story Short Story||2,000 - 7,500 words.|
|Novelette Novelette||7,500 - 10,000 words.|
- Winner's Prize:
- We list broad pay categories rather than prize specifics. Check with the publisher for details.
|No monetary payment No monetary payment.|
| OK|| No|| No|| Unknown|| Unknown||Text format submissions |
- Always check guidelines for details and restrictions. If you aren't familiar with these terms, see our . glossary
When to Now: A Time Travel Anthology Submission Statistics
More Information is Available to Members:
Only the basic information for this listing is currently visible. If you want to learn more about this listing, including submission statistics (average response time, rejection percentage, acceptance percentage, etc.), you need to subscribe
. See a sample of what you're missing.
Last Updated: 01 May 2018
Date Added: 23 Feb 2018
We cannot guarantee that the information on this page is correct. It is not unusual for publications to evolve or close without notice. We do our best to keep up, but it isn't always possible. Just remember…
- Always read the full guidelines provided by the publisher.
- Try to read at least one previous publication to get a better idea of what the editor would like to see.
- Unless the publisher's guidelines state otherwise, always use industry standard manuscript formatting.
- Be professional, patient, and persistent.