The Literary Nest Villanelle Contest
A project of The Literary Nest
Do not submit here! This project is permanently closed to submissions (March 2020). We provide the following information as an archive.
No about text available.
Fees Notice: This project charges fees (or requires purchases) for all submissions.
Country of Publication & Year Established
| United States
||Established in 2019
Publication Medium & Contest Frequency
|EElectronic Publication ||Electronic Publication||One-time contest.
- Open to a broad Audience.
- Poetry Forms:
- Open to all/most Styles, including: Literary.
- Open to all/most Topics.
|PPoem Poem||Exactly 19 lines; Up to 5 pieces.|
- Winner's Prize:
- We list broad pay categories rather than prize specifics. Check with the publisher for details.
|PProfessional payment (US$50 or more per poem) Professional payment (US$50 or more per poem).|
| OK|| No|| No|| No|| Unknown||Text format submissions |
- Always check guidelines for details and restrictions. If you aren't familiar with these terms, see our glossary.
The Literary Nest Villanelle Contest Submission Statistics
More Information is Available to Subscribers:
Only the basic information for this listing is currently visible. If you want to learn more about this listing, including submission statistics (average response time, rejection percentage, acceptance percentage, etc.), you need to subscribe
. See a sample of what you're missing
Last Updated: 03 May 2020
Date Added: 11 Dec 2019
We cannot guarantee that the information on this page is correct. It is not unusual for publications to evolve or close without notice. We do our best to keep up, but it isn't always possible. Duotrope listings do not imply endorsement or recommendation of the project being listed. Before submitting, you should use your own judgment to determine whether the project meets your standards.
- Always read the full guidelines provided by the publisher.
- Try to read at least one previous publication to get a better idea of what the editor would like to see.
- Unless the publisher's guidelines state otherwise, always use industry standard manuscript formatting.
- Be professional, patient, and persistent.