Do you love science fiction and fantasy? Us too, but as much as we enjoy the sprawling epics for which our genre is famous (read: infamous), we think there should be more space for the short stuff. Stories you can knock out over your morning coffee, or during your lunch break. Stories you don’t need a bookmark for. So, why Flash Point SF? Because we know there are a lot of wonderful science fiction and fantasy flash stories being written, but the market to publish them is incredibly small. That’s where we come in. Our goal is to provide SF&F flash authors with a new venue to publish their work.
Country of Publication & Year Established
United States||Established in 2020
Publication Media & Frequency
|Electronic Publication ||Electronic Publication||Published 26 x per year.
|Print Publication ||Print Publication||Published 1 x per year.
Open to fiction submissions through 28 February 2023* (approx. 22 days from now). 2
- Open to a broad Audience.
|General General||Subgenres: Magic Realism, Slipstream.|
|Fantasy Fantasy||Open to all/most Subgenres, including: Contemporary, Magic Realism, Slipstream, Urban Fantasy.|
|Science Fiction Science Fiction||Open to all/most Subgenres, including: Cyberpunk, Dystopian, Hard Science Fiction, Science Fantasy, Slipstream, Space Opera.|
- Open to all/most Styles, including: Dark, Mainstream.
- Open to all/most Topics, including: Folklore/Mythology (Fairy tales), Seasons/Holidays, Other (May vary).
|Flash Fiction Flash Fiction||100 - 1,000 words.|
- We list broad pay categories rather than payment specifics. Check with the publisher for details.
|Semi-pro payment (1-4.9 US cents per word) to Professional payment (5 or more US cents per word) Pay ranges from Semi-pro payment (1-4.9 US cents per word) to Professional payment (5 or more US cents per word).|
| OK|| No|| No|| No||Text format submissions |
- Always check guidelines for details and restrictions. If you aren't familiar with these terms, see our . glossary
* We do not know the time and/or timezone, so we cannot be more precise. Submit early to avoid disappointment.
More Information is Available to Subscribers:
Only the basic information for this listing is currently visible. If you want to learn more about this listing, including submission statistics (average response time, rejection percentage, acceptance percentage, etc.), you need to subscribe
. See a sample of what you're missing