The Marguerite McGlinn Prize for Fiction is a national short fiction contest. The prize includes a cash award, and includes an invitation to an awards dinner in October. The winning story appears in the winter print and online issue of Philadelphia Stories. The Marguerite McGlinn Prize for Fiction is made possible by the generous support of the McGlinn, Hansma, and Dry families.
Fees Notice: This project charges fees (or requires purchases) for all submissions.
Important: Limited Demographic: Submissions are restricted to residents of the United States.
Country of Publication & Year Established
United States||Established in 2009
Publication Media & Contest Frequency
|Electronic Publication ||Electronic Publication||Awarded 1 x per year.
|Print Publication ||Print Publication||Awarded 1 x per year.
Fiction Temp Closed
Will be open to submissions from 13 March 2023* (approx. 32 days from now) through 15 June 2023. 0
- Open to a broad Audience.
- Open to all/most Styles, including: Literary.
- Open to all/most Topics.
|Short Story Short Story||1,000 - 7,500 words.|
|Novelette Novelette||7,500 - 8,000 words.|
- Winner's Prize:
- We list broad pay categories rather than prize specifics. Check with the publisher for details.
|Professional payment (5 or more US cents per word) Professional payment (5 or more US cents per word).|
| OK|| No|| No|| OK|| OK||Text format submissions |
- Always check guidelines for details and restrictions. If you aren't familiar with these terms, see our . glossary
* We do not know the time and/or timezone, so we cannot be more precise. Submit early to avoid disappointment.
More Information is Available to Subscribers:
Only the basic information for this listing is currently visible. If you want to learn more about this listing, including submission statistics (average response time, rejection percentage, acceptance percentage, etc.), you need to subscribe
. See a sample of what you're missing