Fabula Argentea (FA for short) is Latin for “silver story” and the name is pronounced FAH-boo-la ar-GEN-tee-ah (where the “g” is hard as in “grape”). FA is a paying market. Our goal is to bring its readers the best writing we can find. Period. We accept a wide variety of material: genre, literary, humor, the grit of life, happy endings, sad endings, and perhaps the occasional spicy story.
Want more insight into the editors' preferences? Read our
Country of Publication & Year Established
United States||Established in 2012
Publication Medium & Frequency
|Electronic Publication ||Electronic Publication||Published 4 x per year.
- Dates: Rolling Deadlines: Check cutoff dates.
- Open to a broad Audience, including: Adults. Excluding: Children.
|Open to all/most Genres Open to all/most Genres|
- Open to all/most Styles, including: Humorous, Literary, Mainstream.
- Open to all/most Topics.
|Flash Fiction Flash Fiction||Up to 1,000 words.|
|Short Story Short Story||1,000 - 7,500 words.|
|Novelette Novelette||7,500 - 8,000 words.|
- We list broad pay categories rather than payment specifics. Check with the publisher for details.
|Token payment (under 1 US cent per word) Token payment (under 1 US cent per word).|
| OK|| No|| OK|| OK||Text format submissions |
- Always check guidelines for details and restrictions. If you aren't familiar with these terms, see our . glossary
More Information is Available to Subscribers:
Only the basic information for this listing is currently visible. If you want to learn more about this listing, including submission statistics (average response time, rejection percentage, acceptance percentage, etc.), you need to subscribe
. See a sample of what you're missing