Metamorphosis Literary Agency (see other agents at this agency).
The last time the agent had an active listing on Duotrope, the agent was affiliated with
Do not submit here! Permanently Closed: This agent is no longer accepting queries (May 2019). We provide the following information as an archive.
Having honed her skills for writing and editing through a wide variety of educational programs. She received her BA in Sociology with a double minor in Anthropology and Environmental Science from Saint Mary's University in 2010, her paralegal diploma with honours in 2011, and between 2013 and present has completed courses and certificate programs in transcription, cultural competence, technical writing, management, and communications. She most recently finished her agency internship with Metamorphosis in November of 2018 and in addition to working as a literary agent and writing contemporary young adult fiction, Nicole is also a technical writer for a global manufacturer of CPAP masks, machines, and other products that manage sleep-disordered breathing. When Nicole isn't busy updating her manuscript portfolio or responding to queries, she can usually be found reading, horseback riding, or pursuing her new hobby of learning to cook. She and her husband share their home in Eastern Canada with a collection of disabled cats and a lifetime's worth of books.
Country & Year Established
She is seeking: middle grade and young adult fiction in all forms and genres, new adult / college-aged novels, and adult contemporary, romance, horror, and psychological thrillers. Manuscripts featuring animal appearances are always appreciated, cats and horses in particular, as are stories taking place in Canada or 'up north'. Nicole loves to read about small towns, cowboys, social and mental health issues, protagonists with pets, and romantic and mysterious subplots, but is not a great fit for historical fiction, non-fiction, or memoirs at this time. She requests to only be forwarded fantasy novels focusing on mythical creatures - mermaids, unicorns, centaurs, and the like.
- Open to a broad Audience, including: Adults, Middle grades, New adults, Young adults.
|General General||Open to all/most Subgenres, excluding Historical.|
|Horror Horror||Open to all/most Subgenres.|
|Romance Romance||Open to all/most Subgenres, excluding Historical.|
|Suspense/Thriller Suspense/Thriller||Open to all/most Subgenres, including: Psychological.|
|Open to all/most Genres Open to all/most Genres|
- Open to all/most Styles, including: Mainstream.
- Health/Medicine (Mental health), Lifestyle (Pets), Place/Regions (Rural areas, Specific region), Society/Culture (Social issues), Other (See guidelines).
| OK|| No|| OK|
- Always check guidelines for details and restrictions. If you aren't familiar with these terms, see our . glossary
Nicole Bezanson Submission Statistics
More Information is Available to Subscribers:
Only the basic information for this listing is currently visible. If you want to learn more about this listing, including submission statistics (average response time, rejection percentage, acceptance percentage, etc.), you need to subscribe
. See a sample of what you're missing
Last Updated: 10 May 2019
Date Added: 16 Mar 2019
We cannot guarantee that the information on this page is correct. We do our best to keep up, but it isn't always possible. Just remember…
- Always read the full guidelines provided by the agency/agent.
- Unless the agency's guidelines state otherwise, always use industry standard manuscript formatting.
- For agency submissions, it is standard to submit a query letter and sample instead of the full manuscript. Do this unless otherwise instructed.
- Be professional, patient, and persistent.